Impressive “About Us” page is can give you lots of benefits. But designing proper and efficient pages, like everything else in web design takes time.
Today I’d like to bring to your attention some of the basic concepts and aspects of the process of creating impressive”About Us” page, as well as examples of pages from all over the web.
“About Us” Page. Do You Really Need It?
Have you ever come across sites where was no word about the company and employees? Such kind of websites caused distrust. Page which contains information about the company, its history, description of activities, etc. significantly increases the reliability and the goodwill of the user.
The presence of the “About Us” page effects on conversion. As a rule, this page is the most interesting one for users that come to you at first time. There is often the most important decision is taken whether to continue the dialogue and further cooperation with the company or not.
The first thing to do to introduce the team is posting photos of every single employee of the company, specify the names or nicknames.
What kind of Data Should be on “About Us” Page?
1. It is not necessary to add a detailed company history. The users are interested in main aspects only. Your “About Us” page should contain:
– the date of company foundation;
– the basic information about the managers and founders;
– the information on products and services your company provides.
2. When it comes to staff biography, try to be concise and informative. This kind of data is needed for clarity and building trust among potential clients.
3. Also, you can mention your mission and goals.
4. Ensure your “About Us” page is actual and don’t forget to make timely changes (if any occurred).
5. Use the links to other pages of your site, such as “Contacts”, “News”, “Portfolio”, etc.
A Picture Paints a Thousand Words
Do not hesitate to use attractive visual effects on the “About Us” page. There are many things that are quite difficult to put into words. Pictures, photos, illustrations, can be used as a visual aid and motivate a person to do something.
However, remember that all added images must be designed in the same style and in a way similar to each other.
Create a Your Special Mood
Do not neglect quality design of your “About Us” page. There are a few great examples of well designed “About Us” pages below. Let’s get inspired!
9. Sam Biggs
11. NGEN Works
15. Jacob Lee
16. Toby Powell
23. Adham Dannaway
24. Mark McGall
28. Mooze Design
29. Andrew Reifman
34. Mostly Serious
35. Edition Records
36. Focus Lab
43. Rick Nunn
48. I Shoot Him
49. Muriel Labro
Which “About Us” page you like the most and why? Feel free to share your ideas with curious CrazyPixels audience!